Managing the risk of Covid-19
These unprecedented times have dictated a new way of working for many, especially those in the hair & beauty industry as we must work in close contact with our clients. The Coronavirus (Covid-19) may have forced a break, be confident we are not going anywhere! Here at Hair Ministry, we believe nothing is impossible and know that all of us are capable of evolving and adapting. So, that's exactly what we have done.
Yes, our delivery of service to you may be different but it does not take away from the high quality of work and the amazing personalities of our team. We are here to make you feel amazing again! We are greatly anticipating welcoming you through the salon doors.
Our salons meet the required government guidelines of managing the risk of Covid-19. We have been thorough with implementing the following
- A walk through risk assessment at each salon location (view example below)
- Screens at reception and basin areas
- 2-meter markings on the floor
- Hand sanitising stations
- Sterilizing equipment throughout the salons
- Disposable towels, gowns, gloves etc
- Face masks for the team and clients
What to expect on your visit
The way of working and delivering of service to our clients has had to change and adapt to protect the health & safety of both our staff and clients. Here is our guide as to what you can expect when visiting Hair Ministry Salons....
Booking & Consultation
- For scheduled appointments, a consultation via zoom, Facetime or phone will be carried out 24-48 hours prior to the appointment.
- If you require a patch test, this will be booked as an appointment and clients are to follow the same procedure as full appointments.
- There will be less clients in the salon at any one time to adhere to the distancing measures.
- For a temporary time, we will be opening for longer hours so we can ensure we have time to see as many of you as possible.
Arriving at the Salon
- It will be business BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. The salon door will be kept locked. Clients must arrive alone and with limited belongings.
- As the waiting area is closed, we kindly ask you to wait outside either following social distancing guidelines or in your car until you receive a call or text to say we are ready to welcome you inside.
Entering the Salon
- You will be greeted by the receptionist or stylist/beautician at the salon door.
- We kindly ask you to arrive wearing a mask, they will be available for purchase if you do not have one.
- You will be asked to wash or sanitize your hands before you are seated.
- Please note we will not offer or allow any reading material, food, or drink in the salon.
- Please respect the 2-meter markings on the salon floor.
- You will find all staff wearing a face mask. We kindly ask you arrive wearing a face mask of your own and to be worn for the duration of the appointment up until you exit the salon.
- Masks will be available for purchase if you do not have one.
- There will be no offering of dry cuts. Every client must have their hair washed.
- Every client must stay at their designated section and only be guided to another part of the salon by your stylist/beautician/assistant throughout the duration of your appointment.
- At reception, a protective screen is between the client and the till.
- NO CASH payments. Only card payments accepted, and contactless payment is preferred where possible.
- Our regular discounts have been suspended until further notice, this includes redeeming loyalty points.
- NHS discount is valid on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Terms & conditions apply.
The most important factor for Hair Ministry is the safety of our team and our clients. It is imperative we are meticulous in making sure our salons are as safe as possible. Many control measures have been put in place to reduce the risk from Coronavirus (Covid-19).
For your confidence you can view our Covid-19 Risk Assessments.
Disinfection for the Hair & Beauty Industry
Hair Ministry salons stock and use Barbicide disinfectant for tools and equipment. All our salons are dedicated to managing infection control and providing safe services.
Hair Ministry stylists and beauty therapists each hold a Barbicide Certification and now Covid-19 Certification.