The Latest Update
As you can imagine, these guidelines are regularly being updated by the Government so please rest-assured that we also update our procedures at the same time. There are some updates we need to make you aware of. These are:
Upon reopening the salons from April 12th 2021, we will be offering tea, coffee & water in disposable cups. Please continue to bring your own drink to your appointment if you prefer. Food is NOT allowed to be consumed in the hair salons and clients are only allowed to remove their face mask or covering to take sips of their drink.
Test & Trace
Taking part in the NHS Test & Trace will be mandatory from 18th September 2020 which is why we have to keep a record of all our clients. When you visit, please scan the QR code displayed at reception by using the NHS Covid-19 App. If you do not have the app we have your details on record but the app is the easiest option
Download the app
Managing the risk of Covid-19
These unprecedented times have dictated a new way of working for many, especially those in the hair & beauty industry as we must work in close contact with our clients. The Coronavirus (Covid-19) may have forced a break, be confident we are not going anywhere! Here at Hair Ministry, we believe nothing is impossible and know that all of us are capable of evolving and adapting. So, that's exactly what we have done.
Yes, our delivery of service to you may be different but it does not take away from the high quality of work and the amazing personalities of our team. We are here to make you feel amazing again! We are greatly anticipating welcoming you through the salon doors.
Our salons meet the required government guidelines of managing the risk of Covid-19. We have been thorough with implementing the following
- A walk through risk assessment at each salon location (view example below)
- Protective screens at reception, basin areas & between sections less than 1 metre apart
- Handwashing/sanitising facilities
- Sterilizing equipment throughout the salons
- Disposable towels, masks and gloves etc
- Face masks for the team and clients
What To Expect On Your Visit
The way of working and delivering of service to our clients has had to change and adapt to protect the health & safety of both our staff and clients. Here is our guide as to what you can expect when visiting Hair Ministry Salons....
Booking & Consultation
- Clients booked for a colour or beauty tinting service will receive a text/email asking to fill out a disclaimer before their arrival
- COLOUR CLIENTS: For all new clients, existing clients that have medical changes, applied a colour themselves at home or not had a colour with us within six months will require a new colour consultation with a patch test and strand test. A booking will need to be scheduled at least 48 hours prior to the appointment.
- If you are an existing colour/beauty client but it's been 6 months or more since your last visit and you ONLY require a patch test and not a full consultation (determined on the phone when booking) we will book a time for you to attend the salon to complete a small form and receive the patch test at reception. A patch test will be required if you have had an adverse reaction to a Covid vaccination. This can be booked no sooner than 2 weeks after receiving the vaccine.
- If you require a full consultation, this will be booked as an appointment and clients are to follow the same procedure as full appointments
- You are welcome to wait in the salon, but we do have limited space available. If we feel the salon is at full capacity we may ask you to wait outside until we are ready for you.
- Please arrive at the salon door at your appointment time.
- You will find all staff wearing masks
- All staff carrying out close contact services (i.e hairdressers/beauty therapists) will wear a mask and apron
- We kindly ask all clients (except children 11 & under) to wear a mask entering the salon, for the duration of the appointment and until you exit the salon.
- Upon arrival you will be given a freshly washed gown and disposable towel
- We have portable screens around the salon which can be placed in between sections if you would prefer
Arriving at the Salon
- Please arrive at the salon door at your appointment time
- We kindly ask clients to arrive alone to limit the number of guests in the salon at one time. Children and those that may require assistance are of course welcome to bring someone along with them
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands before you are seated
- We are unable to offer reading material, but you may bring your own
- We will offer tea, coffee and water in disposable cups but you may bring your own if you wish. Food is NOT permitted.
- Each client will have their own fresh gown & disposable towel
- All equipment is well sterilized after each use
- Every client is asked to please remain at your designated section unless asked otherwise by your stylist/beautician.
- Salon toilets are open
- At reception, a protective screen is between the client and the till.
- Card payments are preferred but we do accept cash.
- Gift cards & e-vouchers are accepted as a valid form of payment
- Our regular discounts have been suspended until further notice, this includes redeeming loyalty points.
- NHS discount is valid on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Terms & conditions apply.
- A member of staff will help assist you when choosing retail products.
The most important factor for Hair Ministry is the safety of our team and our clients. It is imperative we are meticulous in making sure our salons are as safe as possible. Many control measures have been put in place to reduce the risk from Coronavirus (Covid-19). Risk assessments are carried out on a regular basis and any changes are added and tailored to each individual salon.
For your confidence you can view our Covid-19 Risk Assessments.
|July 2020 - Dec 2020||Risk Assessment_Covid-19|
|April 2021||Restart Covid-19 risk assessment|
Disinfection for the Hair & Beauty Industry
Hair Ministry salons stock and use Barbicide disinfectant for tools and equipment. All our salons are dedicated to managing infection control and providing safe services.
Hair Ministry stylists and beauty therapists each hold a Barbicide Certification and now Covid-19 Certification.